Here is where I keep my professional and educational content. If you’re interested, check out the following!
1. Design and evaluation of a population-based program, identifying partners.
I researched, designed, and planned the evaluation of a low-income CSA program for Detroit, Michigan. This included identifying potential partners and stakeholders. Demonstrates core public health competencies, including:
- Design a population-based policy, program, project or intervention
- Propose strategies to identify stakeholders and build coalitions and partnerships for influencing public health outcomes
2. Select appropriate communication strategies for different audiences and sectors; communicate public health content through writing and oral presentation.
I wrote four blog articles for Organic Valley’s consumer-facing blog during my internship. I created a guide to food labels and logos for consumers and healthy recipe coloring pages using Adobe Creative Suite. I also researched and presented to my team about the political climate in Washington DC regarding organic foods. Demonstrates core public health competencies, including:
- Select communication strategies for different audiences and sectors
- Communicate audience-appropriate public health content, both in writing and through oral presentation
- Interpret results of data or program analysis to inform policy, by writing a written policy recommendation.
- Through coursework I will become more familiar with policies that affect food assistance programs, agricultural inputs and outputs. I will read case studies that look at implications of previous policy initiatives, and brainstorm and discuss potential policy solutions.
- Advocate for social and economic policies and programs that will improve health in diverse populations, through work with the Fair Food Network and the Double Up Food Bucks program.
- I will market and promote an outreach event to organizations in the area to target SNAP recipients to attend the event. I will plan and co-facilitate the event with staff, and develop an evaluation plan for outreach events.